Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Nationals - Day 1 - Standard!

(April 4th) The reason I am down in Baltimore is to take part in USADance's National Competition. This is the competition to decide who is best in the nation among the amateur ballroom dancers. It's a big competition and a load of fun. In between dancing, I managed to squeeze off a few pictures of some of the other competitors.



Today the events I captured were what are called the Standard events. This includes the Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, Quickstep and Viennese Waltz. One of the great things about this competition is that you are right down in all the action, it really feels like the couples are dancing for you - they certainly are taking their moves right at you!

1 comment:

JSWu Consulting said...

Wow I was waiting patiently for China pics and your blog just exploded! I can't wait to go through it.... Is that Lisa Nelson?!@