Friday, January 9, 2009

A New Place!

(September 1st) Today was an exciting day. I found a great new place for wildlife, and it "only" requires a 50 minute drive. This place is special though and with the shorebird migration going on, I can't imagine a better place near Ann Arbor. I had a great morning out here. Nothing like lying down in a bunch of mud! You need to do that to get the angle I was looking for on this Lesser Yellowlegs.




In addition to the shorebird migration, after the morning started to warm up a little the butterflies here came out. There were these Clouded Sulphurs everywhere on the trails.




Waterfowl was in abundance too, although they were a little more timid than the shorebirds here. This Pied-billed Grebe came up in sea of duckweed and I could only smile at how funny it looked.


No comments: