Monday, July 13, 2009

Last of the Season

(May 21st) Although I didn't know it, this was my last day in Magee Marsh during the spring migration. I thought I would get a few more days, but the weather didn't cooperate, and work got extremely busy trying to wrap things up before the my planned trip to China. Again, the light was dazzling on the drive in so I took some shots from the car. Yeah, everyone has seen Canada Geese too many times, but I couldn't resist with the goslings and the great light.



Also, on the drive in, I ran into a cooperative Mourning Dove. I have a thing for doves. They are so distinctive and gentle looking. So I snapped a few frames of this one as the sun broke the horizon.



The last warbler of the migration was a Blackpoll Warbler. I had patience and over the course of an hour or so, he routined darted into the brush and would return again, sometimes pretty close. He also seemed to be having a grand old time singing his head off. Perhaps he was singing goodbye to me. He probably was working on his mating song, but I had great fun and a good challenge with the warblers this spring.

No comments: