Monday, February 8, 2010

Trip With the Wastenaw Audubon Society

(January 10th) Today I joined the Washtenaw Audubon Society on their trip to look at winter birds in the county. It was a great opportunity for me to see where some of the best places to find these birds were. With a group of this size and goals, it's not going to be a photography trip, but I was pleasantly surprised to find the sun backlight these frost-covered trees. One of those lighting situations I used to miss in the past, so I was glad to make the shot this time. Unfortunately it's one of those shots that looks much better big than small.



One of the best sightings of the day was this large flock of Snow Buntings. Group shots are tricky and hard to come up with good compositions for. Judging from the look of the ones I had, definitely need more practice at it. Many thanks to the Washtenaw Audubon Society for leading this trip and showing us some great sites.

No comments: