Thursday, February 4, 2010

Further Refinement Needed

(December 19th) Once again I was out in the cold snow lugging around a feeder, bird seed, and a heavy camera on a tripod. This time I wanted to position the feeder somewhere else in order to improve backgrounds and light. I learned an important lesson though. Just because there is food, does not mean the birds will come. I picked a great place to shoot from, but unlike last time almost no birds found the feeder even though it was only a couple of minutes walk from my last spot. Next time I'll have to use a place that is both good for the birds as well as good for photos - trickier than it sounds. This Black-capped Chickadee was one of the few chickadees that did come. After all the setup care, somehow it seemed to find the one spot where the background was terrible :)

No comments: