Thursday, February 4, 2010

A New Place

(December 20th) I sometimes feel like I've been to every good place near where I live and it's just a matter of keep going to these places. Today after hearing more about a place nearby, I decided to visit Kensington Metropark. It's a 'metropark', so I'd figured it would like most parks, full of people and not much wildlife outside of your tame Mallards and House Sparrows. Boy was I wrong and I'm glad I went. It's about 30 minutes away, but it's huge. It's also quite pristine with lots of great trails throughout the hills, streams, and lakes that cover the land. There also is a nice little nature center that has a bunch of very active bird feeders. I didn't have much time since I had to be in to work early in the morning, but it was good to explore and shoot for a little bit in the snow. I just can't believe I didn't bother to visit this gem earlier. Here's a Tufted Titmouse that I saw. I can't wait to come back.

No comments: