Saturday, January 9, 2010

Not the Best of Days

(August 25th) Yesterday I tried some things with flash and the swans with mixed results. So I returned to Gallup Park hoping to test out some improvements and new ideas. No swans were to be found. In fact, there weren't was much around period. I had to occupy myself with some Mallards who were bathing and preening. It was one of those days where you aren't quite sure whether or not to make any images. This is a bad attitude though, and you usually don't work the subjects as hard as you should.



The subjects weren't the most unusual, but the light was fantastic, so you just have to press the shutter. Aside from the mallards, the only other things around were some Canada Geese and Eastern Chipmunks. I had taken so many chipmunk pictures earlier in the summer, so it was time to give the geese some camera time. A lot of people give Canada Geese a bad rap since they are everywhere these days, but I still think they are a handsome bird. This one was wearing a leg band.

No comments: