Thursday, February 4, 2010

Proof of Concept

(December 12th) Today my intention was not so much to photograph, but to test out an idea I had from my south Texas trip. When the rain and cold hit hard there, I knew I wouldn't find many animals out on the trails. So I had to find a way to have them come to me. I spent a bit of time in front of the feeders and blinds there and had some great results. So I wanted to see if I could use this technique in other situations. Armed with a freshly bought bird feeder and some bird seed, I headed out to Barton Pond and setup half a mile in. After about half an hour a bunch of birds had found the feeder and were starting to use it. This Tufted Titmouse was one of the visitors. I need to refine this approach some to get better backgrounds and light, but it has a lot of promise.

No comments: