Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cold has Come

(December 3rd) The cold that came yesterday settled in for good. It also brought overcast skies with it. My spirits were a bit dampered by the weather, but I still went out to shoot. Often when I am photographing it is just me and the animals, but today I spent a good deal of time talking with other people. I met some nice folks - both birds and photographers. One of the photographers has a blog as well. The light levels were so slow that shutter speeds were obscenely low - 1/60th of a second shooting wide open. I could just tell it was one of those days and looking at the photos afterward confirmed just how few keepers there were. The best subjects of the day were the javelinas. A few of the young were out and even javelina babies are cute!



I saw some nice birds even with the cold, but photographically it wasn't that good. The best shots to be had were concentrated around the feeders that the park operates. Some of the pictures of the Great Kiskadees were among the best of the day. These flycatchers have the loud voice to match their striking colors.

No comments: