Monday, August 11, 2008

A Small Start

Lately many of my friends, co-workers, and family members have been asking me to see some examples of the photographs I have been taking. Perhaps they are getting fed up with my endless shooting or my tireless talk of photography. My answer of "I need to work on them a little bit and then I can show you them" feels grossly inadequate. Considering that "working on them" really means going through and separating the chaff from the relatively few photos that don't make me cringe and doing relatively minor finishing (correcting white balance, resizing, and framing), I really should be able to show some examples much quicker. This blog will be a forum for me to show some of the photographs and briefly describe the locations, wildlife, or events which generated the images. I promise to restrain my typical verbose inclinations.

I just returned from a wonderful trip to Wyoming where mose of the time was split between Yellowstone N.P. and the Wind River mountain range. Thanks to Alex and Andy for a great trip, and a special thanks to our host Tony for putting us up several of the nights. There was ample time for backpacking, wildlife watching, and shenanigans - but somehow it seemed like there wasn't enough time for photography. I am just now going through and organizing the roughly 4,000 images I took (quite a large number which I have deleted). We began the trip in Yellowstone. I am in love with this place - the only thing I would change would be the number of visitors, but such a wondrous place should be shared and seen by as many as possible.


(July 25th) We entered the park late on the first day of our trip and were treated to a wonderful sunset along with a first taste of Yellowstone mosquitoes.


No comments: