Thursday, July 30, 2009

Strolling Through the Botanical Gardens

(May 30th) The last few days I felt like a lot of my images were more traditional sorts of shots. Today when I walked through the Hunan Province Forest Botanical Gardens, I was looking for something a little different. I wound up taking a lot of more abstract shots, but I did take a few typical shots towards the beginning.



When we came to the botanical gardens, it was well past spring so there wasn't much in bloom. But the botanical gardens are enormous - we probably walked 5 km or more and didn't cover half the trails. It was also one of the flew places in Changsha that there weren't many people at. A few scenes grabbed my attention like these hanging lanterns.



The botanical gardens is largely made up of forested trails that you walk through. It is not just a botanical gardens either. There was a place you could rock climb, rent a boat, ride horses, see birds in a small zoo, etc. Each of these extra attractions had separate admission within the gardens, but it was nice just to enjoy the gardens for themselves. There is a lake near the center that we stopped at for a little while.



To try and capture the mood of the gardens, I thought this shot with a couple enjoying themselves walking around best summed it up. The umbrella is to shade from sun, not to avoid getting wet.

No comments: